We are working hard every day to ensure a variety of lifelong learning opportunities for your engagement, enrichment and inspiration. Also, please know the safety of you, your family and our staff is our primary concern.
Masks will no longer be required to be worn in District 196 buildings or transportation, following the School Board's approval to update the 2021-22 COVID-19 Operational Plan for Students, Families and Visitors to Schools.
At a special meeting Tuesday, March 1, 2022, the board approved updates to the district's operational plan that align with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revised guidance on masks in K-12 and early education settings. The new guidance around face masks is based on a new COVID-19 Community Level tool that takes into account the severity of the disease, staffed hospital beds with COVID-19 patients and total new cases.
These numbers place communities in categories of low, medium and high. Use of face masks is optional when the community level is low or medium, and recommended when the level is high, according to the updated guidance. The community level for Dakota County is currently categorized as low, meaning mask use is optional. People can always choose to wear a mask based on personal preference, informed by personal level of risk, and their choice to do so will be supported in all district buildings.
The updated CDC guidance also removed the requirement to wear masks on public transportation, including school buses.
Our programming is consistent with state and federal health guidelines. We have developed a wide variety of learning opportunities for all ages in various modes of delivery. Our goal is to engage, enrich and inspire your lifelong learning! The sky’s the limit. Please refer back frequently for additional new programming!
Financial assistance is available. Find out more information or call 651-423-7920.
ECFE offers a variety of classes, all designed to help strengthen families through interactive play and relevant, research-based parent education.
Make your resume more attractive and increase your knowledge. Stand out above the rest! Earn a certificate in a variety of business skills.
Learn to swim, get fit in the pool and more! Swimming activities including swim lessons, adult pool fitness and competitive swimming and diving.
Visit our interactive catalog. Browse, point and click to find out more and register. Please add email@example.com to your email address book to ensure successful delivery of your confirmation.
Use your American Express, Visa, MasterCard or Discover and call Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
952-431-8777 for aquatic courses, or
651-423-7920 for enrichment courses
By mail, fax or in-person
For aquatic courses
Aquatic Programs Office, FRMS, 12900 Johnny Cake Ridge Rd, Apple Valley, MN 55124, Fax 952-431-8769
For enrichment courses
Community Education, 15180 Canada Ave, Rosemount, MN 55068, Fax 651-423-7930
in our secure drop box, 24/7 at 15180 Canada Ave, Rosemount
Register early ... so we don’t have to cancel classes due to low enrollment!
If we do, full refunds will be made.
- Adults age 55 and older, may take a 10% discount on some classes. Exceptions include cooking, crafts and arts, parenting/CEUs, tours, home, yard and garden, or otherwise noted. Call 651-423-7920 to register and obtain a discount.
- UCare Minnesota members may take a $15 discount on some classes. Call 651-423-7920 to obtain discount.
Financial assistance is available.
Find out more or call 651-423-7920.
Enrichment and After School Classes
- Full refunds will be made if your class/tour is canceled by us due to low enrollment.
- Cancellation requests received at least five working days before class start date qualify for a refund, less a $10 processing fee per class and any costs incurred (supplies, food, tickets).
- Requests received less than five working days before class start date will receive credit voucher only, less a $10 processing fee per class and any costs incurred (supplies, food, tickets).
- If a class is canceled due to COVID-19 before mid-point of class, you will receive a prorated credit voucher. No refunds or credits will be issued after mid-point of class.
- Refunds and credit vouchers are not issued after class has begun.
Aquatic Programs and Swim Lessons
- Cancellations at least five working days before first class will receive a credit voucher, less $10 processing fee. The credit may be used for any family member.
- Cancellations fewer than five working days before start and up to mid-point will receive a credit voucher for half the class cost, less a $10 processing fee. No refunds or credits will be issued after mid-point of class.
- Refunds for Red Cross courses will be subject to a processing fee; $25 for WSI, LGI, Lifeguarding, $10 for all others.
Inclement Weather/Other Emergencies
If District 196 schools are closed for the day, all daytime and after-school Community Education activities are canceled. A decision about Community Education evening activities will be made by 3:00 p.m. We will attempt to reschedule the class. If rescheduling is not possible, a credit voucher will be issued. For information, visit www.district196.org/ce or District 196 Community Ed on Facebook.
Photograph & Videotape Permission
Enrollment in District 196 Community Education classes or activities constitutes permission for District 196 to take and use photographs, video and other likenesses of you and your enrolled minor child in District 196’s promotional materials and publications. If you do not wish for the image and likeness of you or your minor child to be used in this manner, contact the communications department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-423-7701.
Donation for Learning
Give the gift of learning! Funding for scholarships is limited, but you can help others by donating dollars that will allow others to take part in a fabulous learning experience. Visit www.district196.ce.eleyo.com, in the search bar, enter keyword donate and select Donation to Learning.
Here's what you can expect prior to your in-person class. Please know the safety of you, your family and our staff is our primary concern. We will continue to monitor and follow all of the most current COVID-19 health and safety guidelines from all applicable executive orders, and current guidance and standards from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). If you don't feel ready for an in-person class check out our online and at-home kits available!