Adult & Youth Enrichment and After School Classes
Register early ... so we don’t have to cancel classes due to low enrollment!
- Full refunds will be made if your class/tour is canceled by us due to low enrollment.
- Cancelation requests received at least five working days before class start date qualify for a refund, less a $10 processing fee per class and any costs incurred (supplies, food, tickets).
- Cancelation requests received less than five working days before class start date will receive credit voucher only, less a $10 processing fee per class and any costs incurred (supplies, food, tickets).
- Refunds and credit vouchers are not issued after class has begun.
Aquatic Programs and Swim Lessons
- Cancelation requests received at least five working days before first class will receive a credit voucher, less $10 processing fee. The credit may be used for any family member.
- Cancelation requests received fewer than five working days before start and up to mid-point will receive a credit voucher for half the class cost, less a $10 processing fee. No refunds or credits will be issued after mid-point of class.
- Refunds for Red Cross courses will be subject to a processing fee; $25 for WSI, LGI, Lifeguarding, $10 for all others.
River Valley Project Explore
- Credit vouchers for the full amount will be given if classes are canceled by Project Explore.
- Cancelation requests received at least five working days prior to class will receive a credit voucher equal to the class fee.
- Requests received less than five working days before class start date will not receive a credit voucher.
- Exceptions are made due to serious illness or family emergency.
- Once tickets are purchased for “Out On The Town” events, refunds will not be made unless there is someone on our waiting list.
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
If registering online, credit card payment (Visa®, MasterCard® or Discover®) is required at the time of registration. Your credit card will be charged when you are placed in a class.
Babies nine weeks or younger are not counted as a second child when determining class fee.
Cancelation requests received prior to the start of class will receive a full refund.
Cancelation requests received during the first two weeks of class will receive a refund minus a $25 processing fee.
All registrations are considered final after the second class meeting and are not eligible for a refund.
All School District 196 families are encouraged to attend, regardless of their ability to pay. Consider the sliding fee scale as a guide to determine what your family can afford.
Inclement Weather/Other Emergencies
If District 196 schools are closed for the day, all daytime and after-school Community Education activities are canceled. A decision about Community Education evening activities will be made by 3:00 p.m. We will attempt to reschedule the class. If rescheduling is not possible, a credit voucher will be issued. For information, visit ce.district196.org or District 196 Community Ed on Facebook.
Photograph & Videotape Permission
Enrollment in District 196 Community Education classes or activities constitutes permission for District 196 to take and use photographs, video and other likenesses of you and your enrolled minor child in District 196’s promotional materials and publications. If you do not wish for the image and likeness of you or your minor child to be used in this manner, contact the communications department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-423-7701.
Donation for Learning
Give the gift of learning! Funding for scholarships is limited, but you can help others by donating dollars that will allow others to take part in a fabulous learning experience. Visit our online catalog and in the search bar, enter keyword donate and select Support Infinite Possibilities in the District 196 Community.