Project Explore promotes inclusion of adults with developmental, sensory, cognitive and physical disabilities in a variety of Community Education programs. We make reasonable accommodations to provide an enriching experience for all participants. Your cooperation in following the guidelines listed below helps to make classes, activities and field trips safe and enjoyable for everyone attending.
- Pre-registration is required for all classes, activities and field trips. Walk-ins will be accepted for dances and bingos, but prepayment and reservations are very much appreciated.
- Participants must be accompanied to the classroom. The instructor/facilitator is in the classroom no earlier than 30 minutes before class starts. Please return to pick up unattended participants 15 minutes prior to the end of class.
- Participants who require personal assistance for physical and/or behavioral issues must be accompanied and supervised for all activities and special events.
- All participants must be accompanied on all field trips, unless they are their own guardian. To arrange for a volunteer or discuss further options call the program office.
- Any participant with an active seizure disorder must be accompanied and supervised in classes and field trips by a staff/care giver.
- All Project Explore programs are school sponsored, so there is no smoking on the school grounds. All programs are alcohol-free.
- Transportation to and from all activities is the responsibility of the participant. (Unless a bus is provided.)
- Instructors are not expected to, nor are trained to provide the level of assistance often required by people with disabilities. Instructors are not familiar with all the personal, physical, or behavioral needs of the participants.
- Any individuals attending classes, activities, or dances not requiring assistance that come on their own are asked to carry emergency contact information on their person.
- Enrollment in classes or activities constitutes permission for District 196 to take and use photographs, video and other likenesses of you for use in District 196 promotional materials and publications. If you do not wish for the image and likeness of you to be used in this manner, contact Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-423-7701.
If unable to meet these guidelines please call Patty at the program office to discuss further options call 651-423-7931.