Early Childhood Screening
If you would like to schedule an appointment please call 651-423-7899, and leave your child’s name, birthdate, and best phone number to contact you to schedule your child’s appointment.
Please note: Documents you will need for this appointment can be found below.
Thanks for your patience. Stay safe and be well!
Preschoolers between the ages of 3 and 4 years old who live in District 196 need to participate in a screening before entering kindergarten.
Appointments can be scheduled:
First available appointment time is 8 a.m. and last time is 3 p.m.
Visit us at the Early Childhood offices, which are located at: District 196 Service Center - 14301 Diamond Path, Apple Valley, MN 55124.
Complete the following documents for your child's appointment
- Parental Consent - Early Childhood Health and Developmental Screening
- Child History Questionnaire
- Registration for Early Childhood Screening
- Social-Emotional Questionnaire (Ages 3 years-3 years & 4 months old)
- Social-Emotional Questionnaire (Ages 3 years & 6 months-4 years & 4 months)
- Social-Emotional Questionnaire (Ages 4 years & 6 months-6 years & 6 months)
- Student and Census Information Form*
*(ONLY fill out and submit if asked to by Screening Staff when appointment was made via phone or email)
- Please bring your child’s birth certificate and immunizations record
If your appointment is virtual please also do the following:
- Print completed documents and sign if required
- Scan (or use your camera phone to take a picture of) completed documents
- attach documents via this email link
Please go through the questions on the form below that is based on your child's age BEFORE your zoom meeting:
- Ages and Stages 3 - Ages 3 years-3 years & 3 months old
- Ages and Stages 3 - Ages 3 years & 4 months-3 years & 9 months
- Ages and Stages 3 - Ages 3 years & 10 months-4 years & 3 months
- Ages and Stages 3 - Ages 4 years & 4 months-4 years & 9 months
- Ages and Stages 3 - Ages 4 years & 10 months-5 years & 6 months