Winter ECFE Registration Information
Our winter ECFE classes are now virtual
Parenting in a pandemic is hard. Let us help you make it a bit easier. We are offering our classes online until such time as District 196 announces we are back in person or as a hybrid model. Our virtual ECFE experience is much more than a class on the computer. Skilled early childhood teachers and parenting educators bring the classroom to you in an out-of-the-box way. Our online environment and hands-on activities for you to do at home help to create the feel of an in-person ECFE class, without leaving home. Come as you are for relaxed conversation with other parents and social interaction with your child.
Your one-hour class will include:
- Activity ideas and materials for you to use on the live Zoom with the teacher
- Parenting discussion
- Weekly posts and interaction on our exclusive ECFE online environment, Parentopia
- An additional open Zoom "Touchpoint" opportunity during the week
We will make time for you to
- observe and connect with your child
- explore current parenting information and the research behind it
- share with and listen to others with similar parenting journeys
- build relationships with other parents
We will make time for your child to
- play with you
- build relationships with other children
- explore and learn in our virtual early childhood environment
Uncertainty can sometimes provide hidden opportunities. Early Childhood Family Education staff have reimagined and redesigned what we are offering to our community. Our mission remains the same -- to create and provide quality parenting and early childhood resources and learning opportunities.
Registration Timeline and General Information
- Registration deadline for lottery (first round of class placements) is December 15, 2020.
- Lottery (computer generated) is December 17, 2020.
- Following the lottery, beginning December 19, class availability can be checked online. Registration is then on a first-come, first-served basis through the second week of classes.
- Registration for families living outside District 196 begins December 28.
- Babies nine weeks or younger are not counted as a second child when determining class fee.
- Cancellations prior to the start of class will receive a full refund. Cancellations during the first two weeks of class will receive a refund minus a $25 processing fee. All registrations are considered final after the second class meeting.
- All District 196 families are encouraged to attend, regardless of their ability to pay. Consider the sliding fee scale as a guide to determine what your family can afford.
- When registering online, you will automatically receive an email confirmation from Community Education. If you do not receive an email or do not have the chance to enter payment information, please call us at 952-388-1953 right away.