Spring ECFE Registration Information
spring ECFE class format options
Hybrid classes will include families participating in person at school and families participating at home via Zoom simultaneously with the on-site group. Families will register for and remain in the model that they choose for the entire quarter. Additional content will be available online. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, one adult per family will be invited to participate in an on-site class.
In-Person classes will be held at the Dakota Valley Learning Center. Classes will be held in small groups using social distancing, masking and face shields for staff. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, one adult per family will be invited to participate in an on-site class.
Virtual classes will be held completely online and a Zoom link will be sent to you following registration.
Your class will include:
- Activity ideas and materials for you to use on the live Zoom with the teacher
- Parenting discussion
- Weekly posts and interaction on our exclusive ECFE online environment, Parentopia
- An additional open Zoom "Touchpoint" opportunity during the week
We will make time for you to
- observe and connect with your child
- explore current parenting information and the research behind it
- share with and listen to others with similar parenting journeys
- build relationships with other parents
We will make time for your child to
- play with you
- build relationships with other children
- explore and learn in our virtual early childhood environment
Uncertainty can sometimes provide hidden opportunities. Early Childhood Family Education staff have reimagined and redesigned what we are offering to our community. Our mission remains the same -- to create and provide quality parenting and early childhood resources and learning opportunities.
Registration Timeline and General Information
- Registration deadline for lottery (first round of class placements) is March 9, 2021.
- Lottery (computer generated) is March 11, 2021.
- Following the lottery, beginning March 13, class availability can be checked online. Registration is then on a first-come, first-served basis through the second week of classes.
- Registration for families living outside District 196 begins March 22, 2021.
- Babies nine weeks or younger are not counted as a second child when determining class fee.
- Cancellations prior to the start of class will receive a full refund. Cancellations during the first two weeks of class will receive a refund minus a $25 processing fee. All registrations are considered final after the second class meeting.
- All District 196 families are encouraged to attend, regardless of their ability to pay. Consider the sliding fee scale as a guide to determine what your family can afford.
- When registering online, you will automatically receive an email confirmation from Community Education. If you do not receive an email or do not have the chance to enter payment information, please call us at 952-388-1953 right away.