Fall ECFE Registration Information
Our fall ECFE classes are offered in three formats:
VIRTUAL classes will be held completely online and a Zoom link will be sent to you following your placement in class. Additional content will be available online.
IN-PERSON classes will be held at the Dakota Valley Learning Center in designated outside learning spaces, weather-permitting. Classes will be held on Zoom as necessary due to weather. Classes will be held in limited small groups.
HYBRID classes will include both virtual and in-person components. Families will have the option to attend onsite with a small group on alternating weeks. NOTE: All hybrid classes have a virtual-only option. Join us for real-time learning in class and participate in the comfort of your home. Live circle-time will take place along with an interactive parent group that creates our virtual community of support. Handouts and activities will be available for your child. You won't miss a moment of quality family education.
Additional resources will be online and materials for hands-on learning will be distributed to your family. We will provide a brief meet and greet opportunity for your family the week of September 14th.
Registration Timeline and General Information
- Registration deadline for lottery (first round of class placements) is August 18, 2020.
- Lottery (computer generated) is August 20, 2020.
- Following the lottery, class availability can be checked online. Registration is then on a first-come, first-served basis through the second week of classes.
- Registration for families living outside District 196 begins August 29.
- Babies nine weeks or younger are not counted as a second child when determining class fee.
- Cancellations prior to the start of class will receive a full refund. Cancellations during the first two weeks of class will receive a refund minus a $25 processing fee. All registrations are considered final after the second class meeting.
- All District 196 families are encouraged to attend, regardless of their ability to pay. Consider the sliding fee scale as a guide to determine what your family can afford.
- When registering online, you will automatically receive an email confirmation from Community Education. If you do not receive an email or do not have the chance to enter payment information, please call us at 952-388-1953 right away.
We are planning for fun, educational and engaging family classes to support you in your journey of parenting young children. We will be taking extra care to ensure the health and safety of families and staff as we plan and implement fall programming. As of 8/1/20, the following information regarding COVID-19 guidelines will be implemented based on the latest information from the Minnesota Departments of Health and Education and directives from the Governor.
Arrival and Check-In
Classroom and Outdoor Procedures