Connections Preschool Restart
Our current Hybrid Connections Preschool students will be returning to in-person learning beginning January 21st. They will be attending with both cohort A and B with up to 16 children.
- Three-year-olds will attend 2 days per week, Monday & Tuesday OR Thursday & Friday
- Four-year-olds will attend four days per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday.
- Full-day students will attend Monday through Friday with a 2 hr late start on Wednesdays
Students enrolled in Connections Preschool Digital Academy will continue in the distance model through the end of the year.
Due to this shift in model, please note the following calendar changes for ALL Connections Preschool students:
- January 13 – No Connections Preschool (Staff development day)
- January 18 – No Connections Preschool (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- January 19 and 20 – No Connections Preschool (Teacher work days)
- January 21 - First day of in-person learning for Connections Preschool Base model (formerly Hybrid) students
As required in the state's revised guidance, the District 196 plan to safely return preschool-2nd grade students to in-person learning on January 21st includes the following:
- All students must wear a face covering. Teachers will continue to support our preschoolers with learning how to safely wear masks.
- All staff must wear both a face covering and shield when working with students or around other adults.
- Students will receive a majority of support in the classroom to limit movement in the building and there will continue to be no visitors, volunteers or large group events, like in hybrid.
- Students will remain in their classroom except for outdoor recess and physical education classes.
- Students will maintain 3 feet of distance from other students, whenever possible, and staff will maintain 6 feet of distance from students and other adults, whenever possible.
- Activities will be adjusted to support social distancing.
- Staff will continue to reinforce good health and hygiene practices with students.
- All school staff and families are asked to complete a daily at-home screening before leaving for school each day.
- Click here for a helpful tool for ensuring everyone coming to school is healthy.
School personnel will continue to contact trace positive cases to prevent COVID spread.