A preschool option for District 196 resident 3- and 4-year-olds is available at 13 school sites across District 196.
Young children are eager to learn and play. Connections Preschool gives children an opportunity to interact with other children in fun, engaging activities while learning important skills. The curriculum supports young children in developing skills in the following areas: creativity and the arts, language and literacy, mathematical and scientific thinking, physical and motor, and social and emotional. Children in Connections Preschool assume increasing personal responsibility and independence as they grow and develop.
- Program Beliefs
- Parent Aware 4-Star Rating
- Meet Our Teachers
- 2019-20 Connections Preschool Calendars
- Early childhood is a remarkable time of psychological, physical, social and academic development.
- Learning is a social process where children grow through play, exploration and inquiry.
- Families are a child's first and most influential teachers.
- Each child has unique strengths.
- Children thrive in a safe environment where their needs are met through mutual respect, nurturing and consistency.
- Strong family, school and community partnerships help ensure a child's success in school.
- Connections Preschool is a 4-Star Parent Aware Rated Preschool based on demonstrated use of practices that best prepare children for kindergarten.
- Parent Aware is the State of Minnesota's Early Childhood Quality Program Indicator. Star ratings help families identify programs using the practices that best prepare a child for kindergarten.
- Learn more at www.parentaware.org