CE Advisory Council
Advise and assist the Community Education Department in the fulfillment of the community education mission of providing quality lifelong learning opportunities for all residents.
We are seeking applications from community members who wish to help provide quality lifelong learning opportunities for all residents. Membership consists of up to 30 residents, employees of collaborating agencies and employees of District 196. To apply, complete the Advisory Council Application.
- When does the Advisory Council meet?
- How long does a member serve?
- What does the Advisory Council do?
- What are the qualifications?
- Are there opportunities for personal growth and development?
- Are there leadership opportunities? Yes!!
- Who are community partners with Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Community Education?
- Meeting Dates & Minutes
The Advisory Council meets four times annually for approximately two hours. Most of the Council's work is done at these meetings, so regular participation is vitally important to the council's success. Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of September, November, January and March at 6:00 p.m. at Dakota Valley Learning Center, 4679 144th Street West, Apple Valley.
The Community Education Advisory Council makes recommendations on items pertaining to the following areas:
Programs, classes, policies, services, and facilities
- Promotes and fosters new programs and coordinates these with existing community programs to avoid unnecessary duplication.
- Provides input anticipating the needs and wants of the community as they relate to community education.
- Serves as liaison between the community and the school district in evaluating community education needs.
- Recommends approval of the annual community education budget and advises on the use of community funds.
- Advocates for continued quality in community education.